Acer NW Inc - Seattle Properties
A holding fee will be required. If I/we am/are not accepted, my/our holding fee will be returned. If accepted, the Holding Fee will become the Security Deposit upon move-in, of which there is a fee for carpet cleaning withheld at the time of move out. The carpet cleaning charge will vary per unit.
Acer NW, Inc. has approximately two business days to review my/our past rental history, credit references, employment, and any other factors which will determine if I/we qualify to rent this home. A non-refundable application fee is required per adult (18 and older) who will be living in the unit to process the application. All residents over 18 years of age must submit a separate application and in the case of a group of occupants, the applications will not be considered complete until all members of the group have submitted their application. Acer NW, Inc. will only accept credit reports from a third party Consumer Reporting Agency. Acer NW, Inc. does not accept the comprehensive reusable tenant screening report. The Rental Application that I/we have completed will be used as part of the screening process and will be included in the lease. I/We understand that Acer NW, Inc. complies with all equal opportunity laws and regulations. It considers:
1. Financial ability, such as verifiable sources of income of approximately a 3:1 income to rent ratio and verifiable income of at least $3,000.00. No bankruptcies.
2. Employment history
3. History of timely rent payments
4. Rental history and reputation for taking care of property
5. History of getting along with neighbors and landlords
6. Prior eviction and/or lease violation(s) at previous rentals that would affect the business of renting is considered on a case-by-case basis
7. Prompt notification of defects in housing
8. Other information provided by the applicant (such as commencement date, anticipated length of tenancy, etc….)
9. Sex offender registry data. We do not automatically deny applicants based on sex offender registry that is the result of an adult criminal conviction. Rather, consideration is based on the nature of the offense and time passed since the date of final disposition. Supplemental information can be provided to the landlord by the applicant, or produced on behalf of the applicant, with respect to the applicant’s rehabilitation and/or good conduct. Supplemental information may include, but is not limited to: conviction information; certification of rehabilitation; written or oral statements by the applicant, past or present employer(s), current and prior landlord(s), members of the judiciary or law enforcement, parole officer, member of clergy, counselor or therapists, social workers or similar person(s).
I/we give Acer NW, Inc. permission to contact current and/or previous landlords or property managers and employers for verifications and references.
I/We understand that if I/we are self-employed, have not rented before, or am/are newly employed, a last month’s rent might be required. I/ we understand that verifiable and consistent employment of at least 6 months is required, if retired 3 months bank statements will be required, and self-employed must provide bank statements and 2 years tax statements as part of the screening process.
All adults in the rental party must be present to view the interior of the unit. Applications can be denied unless all applicants have viewed the interior of the property.
Upon agreement of a possession date, if there are applications submitted by multiple rental parties, the first qualified full application who meets all the screening criteria will be offered the rental. I/We understand that I/we could be declined to rent if all adult members of the rental party are not present for the showing of the home. Once I/we am/are notified that my/our application is accepted, the holding fee will/must be deposited into the Acer NW, Inc. Trust Account within 24-hours and become my/our security deposit upon the commencement date on the lease which I/we will sign. After being offered the rental, if I/we do not accept and pay the holding fee, the Landlord can go to the next applicant. If I/we fail to sign the lease prior to the starting date on the lease, I/WE WILL FORFEIT THE HOLDING FEE to compensate the owner for taking the home off the market. I/we understand that we have no rights or interest to the home until I/we have been accepted by Acer NW, Inc., and my/our holding fee is deposited into the Acer NW, Inc. Trust account. Upon acceptance (by Owner) and mutual agreement of a specific move-in-date, if I/we fail(s) to take possession (“move-in”) by the agreed upon date, I/we will forfeit the holding fee in full and all rights to rent the home unless re-negotiated and accepted by Owner. I/We understand that the property will then be re-listed for rent.
* Applicant must show government issued picture identification for any adult over the age of 18.
* Applications will not be reviewed until received in full.
* Application fees to Landlord’s tenant screening vendor must be received by that vendor before the application will be processed.
* Applicants can be asked to provide recent paystubs from verifiable employer.
* Landlord is not obligated to accept guarantors.
Possible reasons for possible denial of Application can be, but not limited to:
* Applicant is not on time for the showing appointment or place a timely call to reschedule.
* Applicant must submit fully completed application without material omissions.
* Reasonable likelihood based on income and credit that the applicant will not be able to meet the financial obligations of tenancy in a timely manner.
* Any credit records shown on a credit report as delinquent, charged off or unpaid, open bankruptcy case(s), liens, and/or judgments.
* Any negative history from current or former landlord.
* Reasonable likelihood that past rental activity may or will interfere with the health, safety, or right of peaceful enjoyment by other members of the community.
* If your landlord(s) do not respond to request for information within 48 hours of being contacted.
First month’s rent must be paid in the form of a CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PRIOR TO MY/OUR MOVING IN OR PAID ONLINE 3-DAYS PRIOR TO THE POSSESSION DATE. Personal checks will not be accepted for initial payment.
In compliance with state and federal consumer reporting law, you are hereby advised that a screening will be conducted regarding the information contained in your application. The report may contain information regarding your credit-worthiness, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living. By signing this form you authorize Acer NW, Inc. to conduct the screening and to release information obtained to landlord and landlord’s agents. If the application is denied or approved conditionally based upon information contained in the report, you can request and obtain a copy of the report. You have the right to dispute the accuracy of information contained in the report. You may have additional rights under both state and federal law.